Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Life? .... dont talk to me about life

There are times when I wonder what life is all about, why I am here and what am I expected to do here. These are the times when I have loads of work piling up on my desk and I have not had a doze of my morning caffeine. One ‘hot, tall, coffee mocha, no whip’ and all these thoughts fade away in deep chasm. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that coffee, if not in entirety, atleast partially- has something to do with my purpose in life. A few mental blocks later, I also came up with a theory that being jobless is the aim of my life- I don’t remember how, though. Now, you cannot mug up a theory or a proof, and according to me, if you come up with a theory which you, yourself cannot reproduce later, then, you don’t exactly believe in it. I mean, proof should stand the test of time, thought and coffee or more precisely, the lack of it.

I prioritize my life. Sometimes I am so jobless that I have to come up with some work to prioritize. Most other times, i.e., when I have something to do, I philosophize (myself) into believing that although life need not necessarily be a philosophy, philosophy is definitely life and hence all work (resistance to joblessness) is useless. The rest of the (very small fraction of) time, I actually work, is, according to my manager, really insignificant.

I will, standing by the title of this blog, not try to find an answer for life. Let me try and seek, what it is that I want to do before Yama-Raj* has his way with me. As in what do I want to do? What are my priorities? Let me analyze this (and put forwad the theory I came up with):

As stated elsewhere, my ultimate aim in life is to sit somewhere and be unaffected by anything around me or affect anything. This I will call state of “perfect joblessness”. It will only be sheer coincidence if someone has already come up with this idea. Practically speaking some coffee will always come in its way. So it is too idealistic an aim, something I know I can never get to. So I am back to square one, I have my aim in life but I am too lazy to be perfectly jobless. Now I am relieved that I don’t expect anything out of myself. I can now get back to being a vagabound and have fun*.

But I see people take this concept of life seriously. I think the problem is they define life in a way to make it difficult for themselves. There is a lot of crib that one has to do something in life, live upto some expectations they, or in some cases others, have set! For all you know one truth is final, you never get out of life alive. So why take it seriously and spoil all the fun in the meantime? Who knows! Maybe the purpose of life is to not worry about it. Maybe it’s a game where you have to be materialistic* and still be unaffected by it- I mean like not feeling bad about an exam where you didn’t do well or being overtly happy about seeing a three-legged puppy.

My conclusion is this: There are some things one** cannot control in ones life. One should not even try to. For other stuff, one must try his/her best and still, if the result doesn’t turn out to be good, give a damn and look for something else to do. And once again, life will go on.

* Definitions vary. I have mine. No, don’t ask what it is.

**I was asked why the blog is "Kboyone". what is one? Have you heard of someONE? Well, I am KboyONE.

4 comments:

Ritesh said...

Well, you always sounded like a person who has found his purpose in life, good to finally know that :)

Enjoy your Nirvana, tell us how it is up there. I hope I'll join you soon.

Ritesh said...

And btw, your posts are very humorous! Humour inspired by Hitchhiker's guide, but as effective as the book :)

Life? Dont talk to me about life! Marvin is awesome :)

kowsik said...

the rider to the truth about life is that, you 'might' have to go through the whole thing again

Prakash M Kini said...

Kow,
^:)^

Looks like someone just cracked his mid-sems. Keep 'stone'-ing