Thursday, January 18, 2007

Some words....

Ah, I had decided I wont post more than one blog a day but then i come across this one and am so(ooo) given into it that I couldnt resist. Some words just inspire you so much...(that you decide to blog on them!). For example, consider this stanza, I came across from my random internet browsing:
Tujko peeda mein dhundhungi, (तुझको पीड़ा में ढूंढूंगी)
Tumme dhundhungi peeda (तुझमें ढूंढूंगी पीड़ा)
(I'll search you in pain,
I'll search pain in you)
This is from Mahadevi Varma's Neer bhari dukh ki badli (I am a nimbus cloud of sorrow). Wow, so much depth in those words. That is precisely what strikes me in great poets/ writers. After you have gone through the whole story/ poem, you relaize it was just another simple story but I guess its the way it touches you that makes it awesome.

I am no fan of Fiction but I read philosophy, science, history and political writings. But a few of them you cannot afford to miss out: Great Expectations (Charles dickens), Mill on the floss (George Eliot), Adventures of Huckleberry Finn(Mark Twain), Nirmala and Godaan (Munshi Premchand), Pushp ki abhilasha (Makhanlal Chaturvedi), Mera Naya bachpan (Subhadra Kumari Chauhan). This is a decent site for all those people who like hindi poems. Also I had read this essay (X std, AP Board syllabus, I language Hindi) called "Nakhoon kyon badhte hain?" by Suryakanth Tripathi 'Nirala' (I think) I want to read it again, does anyone know if its available on the net??

Looks like book review is coming up next. Man, life is getting so exciting. Wonder why I still go with 'Life Sucks'. ;)

No comments: