Sunday, January 14, 2007

About me

I am disillusioned to put it mildly. But when someone asks me to describe myself, I go blank. I mean, for all you know, that is all I may just be but le me try and describe myself and venture to look at what others think of themselves.

Orkut is one place where you find this question and many people go ....daaaaaaaaaaamn it, yuuuuck or the likes. And then there are some who are the "I am me" types. Some self-anointed-wit-masters come up with nutty quotes like "its a two letter word" or "Ithink I am odd, I think I agree" and stuff. But I seriously doubt if anyone asked you that in an interview, you would come up with anything remotely what you put up in your orkut profile.

Life is so damn strange. You get a PhD in Material Science and can describe the domain interaction in the most complex semiconductor material, but you cannot clearly define yourself. Atleast I cant. No, neither can I explain the domain interaction well nor do I have a PhD but you get the point. Many people in a formal interview that I have been around in start off with, my name is so-and-so, I am from so-and-so, I have a degree ....blah blah blah. Yeah! got it. I guess I asked tou to describe yourself and not the degrees you've got or the best restaurant in the place you come from. So who the hell are you, now.

So, Who am I? I now go venturing out into self-description (and to an extent, hate) after a lot of thought .. umm no... after a lot of being in some kind of a state where you appear to be thinking . So forbear at your own prerogative. Heres what I think about me:

I suck at most things in life. And I dont give a damn about the rest.

To know more about the nit-wit kind of shit you are used to, go and have a look at my homepage or orkut profile (if you can find me, that is). Life sucks man. Damn it does. You ******* even dont know yourself.

Ok, I was just told I am very insensitive. I think I agree.

8 comments:

Distracted_me said...

* multiple standards*

Anonymi said...

Dammit K! self-anointed-wit-master huh? It's war now K, it's war! and btw, there seems to be a transmission error from my profile to within those quotes.

Ritesh said...

LOL @ self-anointed-wit-master!

Tanvi Oza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanvi Oza said...

why is lIfe and I Different?

Ritesh said...

[i]Ok, I was just told I am very insensitive. I think I agree.[/i]

Btw, this also sounds a lot like some self-anointed-wit-master's orkut profile description ;)

Prakash M Kini said...

@Sri, Ritesh,
I apologize for not terming it self-anointed-SEMI-wit-master ;), but really, why are you guys taking me so seriously? Am just another brick in the wall.

Silent tear,
Madam, I and life are different and until further notice (or next call where I have to apologize for that) they will remain so.

Ritesh,
yeah. Couldnt stay sane for long. could I?

kowsik said...

good one... may be the only ones with a definitive answer to that are those who don't have to or those who compulsively have to